Approach G80 is the first all-in-one premium GPS golf handheld with integrated launch monitor. The radar tracks club head speed, ball speed, smash factor, swing tempo and estimated distance on the range or during play on the course. It includes 4 different practice and game modes, including the ability to play virtual rounds on any of the more than 41,000 preloaded courses with full-colour CourseView mapping worldwide.
Target practice allows you to focus on your drives, irons and wedge game as you work to improve your accuracy and consistency. You can also use the radar for warmup or tempo training. Compete against a friend on the driving range, play in a tournament against other users around the world, or try improving your Scorecard.
On the course, you get Touch Targeting for precise yardages to the front, back and middle of the green and anywhere else, including hazards and doglegs. You will also have access to course map updates.
Approach G80 is compatible with the Garmin GolfTM app, so you can review stats, save scorecards and participate in weekly leaderboards.
- BUILT-IN LAUNCH MONITOR: Integrated launch monitor tracks club head speed, ball speed, smash factor, swing tempo and estimated distance during a round or at the driving range to analyse your performance.
- SLIM DESIGN WITH 3.5″ DISPLAY AND REAR DIVOT: Slim design with large, 3.5″ sunlight-readable colour touchscreen display; plus rear case provides a designed divot allowing for the device to sit on a golf ball for better screen viewing.
- PRACTICE & GAME MODES: Practice and game modes help you work to on your shot consistency and to improve your game. The following are available:
- 1) Warm-up: Provides simple feedback such as ball speed, club head speed, tempo, smash factor and estimated distance.
- 2) Virtual round: Allows you to simulate playing golf on any of the 41,000 preloaded courses.
- 3) Target practice: Get points for how close you hit different targets in this 1 or 2 player game mode.
- 4) Tempo training: Helps you work on your backswing and downswing timings and improve your swing tempo with immediate feedback.
- PRELOADED COURSES IN FULL COLOUR: Preloaded with more than 41,000 golf courses worldwide with detailed full-colour CourseView mapping, plus automatic course map updates.
- TOUCH TARGETING: Touch any point on the display to show the precise distance to that spot — such as fairway, hazard, landing area or the front, middle and back of the green.
- PRECISE YARDAGE: Quickly gets your location using high-sensitivity GPS to show precise yardages to front, middle and back of the green, hazards, doglegs and more.
- GREEN VIEW: Allows you to zoom in on the green to today’s pin location — then you can drag the flag to position it where you see it, giving you more accurate yardage.
- PLAYSLIKE DISTANCE: PlaysLike Distance feature adjusts yardages for uphill or downhill shots based on the change in elevation from where you are standing to the location labeled on the map; turns on or off for tournament play.
- PINPOINTER: Helps show you the direction to the green on blind shots.
- BIG NUMBER MODE: Increases the font size, making it easier to read yardage numbers to the front, back and middle of the green.
- GARMIN GOLF APP: Works with the free Garmin Golf app, which lets you compete, compare and connect with fellow golfers; players can post their results and compare data, rankings and stats in the app.
- SCORECARD OPTIONS: Features a digital scorecard for up to 4 players with scoring options for Stroke Play, Stableford, Skins Game and Match Play with adjustable handicaps.
- BATTERY LIFE: Rechargeable battery lasts up to 15 hours with GPS.